We are now EMMAUS PHILIPPINES, an affiliate of EMMAUS INTERNATIONAL!
BSA, also known as the "Bible School of the Air", was established in 1950 by Cyril & Anna Brooks. Back then, as it is today, there is a great need for good and solid Bible study courses...
For some years prior to World War II, Cyril H. Brooks and others conducted a radio program from Manila stations under the name of the "Gospel Messengers", and in April 1950, by invitation of the Far East Broadcasting Company, Mr. Brooks started a half-hour program using a course which had just been published by Emmaus Bible School, namely “What the Bible Teaches”.
To meet the need of many who do not understand English, translations were made into four of the major Philippine languages: Tagalog 1950, Ilocano in 1955, Cebuano in 1956 and Hiligaynon in 1959. After seventeen years of operation, in April 1967, the total number of enrolments passed the total of one million (1,000,000)!
Students of the Bible School of the Air (BSA) are found in every province of the Philippines and on shores of different islands. By radio and correspondence courses, millions have been reached with the Good News of salvation in Christ.
Thousands, no doubt, have responded to the call and claims of Christ by putting their trust in Him for their salvation.
322 P.Guevarra St., Brgy Sta. Lucia, San Jan City, 1500 Metro Manila Philippines
co: BSA - D. Harvey
P.O. Box 490, Greenhills 0420 Metro Manila, Philippines